Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Da Dip!

So we made it through Wednesday. Another day another dolla dolla bill. I have to say I am pretty pumped for the upcoming 3 DAY WEEKEND 4th of July HOLLA! I may have a few inspired recipes in the works as a nod to the holiday.

As for today, I've got a great dinner recipe which is totally (speaking of dollas) money efficient and tastes awesome. As usual, another vegan recipe based on a bowl I had at Cafe Yumm once.


Dip-ity Do Da


Doesn't that look tasty?

Ingredients:
-1/2 can black beans
-1 cup cooked rice
-1/2 cup salsa
-1.5-2 tbsp hummus
-6-10 diced olives
-2 stalks celery
-1/4 avocado
-1-2 tbsp Yum sauce (optional)

Directions:

Cook rice of your choice (I usually use brown or basmati). Drain and rinse black beans, put in a bowl with salsa, hummus, diced olives and sauce. Mix this together. If you want to eat it hot, throw it in a skillet and begin heating 5-10 minutes before rice is done. Mix cooked or cold bean mixture with rice.



Chop avocado and salt lightly, then throw it on top of your mixture!



Dip celery sticks in for awesome!

It tastes great hot or cold and is SO filling. Jay brought home a little treat last night as well that we split with dinner. Presenting...

Reed's Extra Ginger Brew!!

Amazing stuff! I have no idea how many sugars are in it...and I'm not going to look right now. I put mine in an ice cold mug.


Almost gone...

I like me some gingery ale.



And as awesome as summer dipp-ity do dinner is, I also have a report for running.

Awesome thing #1: I finally got a good running tank from Lululemon at there local store on sale. After running today, I can definitely attest that it was well worth the moneys. It breathed a lot better than cotton and looked better which made me feel great. The run today was pretty congruent with my run yesterday except that I had a strange minute or two of feeling slightly euphoric while rocking out to my music on the last leg of my run.

Anybody else tend to feel random upwellings of happiness while running? I just felt like everything was synching right and I was really enjoy myself, really appreciating the moment. And believe me, I was soooooo not looking forward to my run when I woke up this morning. Ugh! I woke up tired and to make matters worse, it was cloudy and cold (and I don't have crops or any warmer gear yet!) But I made myself go out, and told myself that if I just ran for a few minutes at least I would warm up, and you know what? I did.

Tomorrow will be my first rest day after 5 days straight of running. I was a little scared that like other activities I've rested on, I will just elect to stop when Saturday rolls around and I am feeling like sleeping in. Also, I thought I might go back to square one in terms of my fitness for running. It has definitely gotten easier over just a few days and I'm anxious not to lose all that. SO I created a semi-solution which is..... bringing Jay with me on his bike! BAM!

Problem solved.

Anyway I'm outta here to catch the last bit of sunshine before tomorrow hits me like a big slap in the face (...heheh...not really ;)).

No comments:

Post a Comment