Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello World!

Welcome to blog post numero uno of Nibbles That Fit! It is good to finally begin putting into documentation a few major changes I have recently ushered into my life and daily regimen. In the following paragraphs I will attempt to put into words (hopefully short and sweet!) what I mean to do here on this blog, why, and what I believe the major benefit of this is. This is as much to anchor my thoughts as it is to enlighten you, the reader. Here we go.


Focus
My primary goal is to create a casual health promoting forum which will be focused on the following:

1. Eating Healthy Tasty Stuffs! (Nibbles!!!)
2. Maintaining an Appropriate Level of Physical Health (Fit!!!)
3. Fun/Sanity: The glue that binds it all together

I'm pretty sure everything I want to write about falls under these three categories. We'll see if I can stick to it.

Inspiration
Why am I suddenly drawn to the blogosphere? The long and short of it is that I spent a lot of time, more specifically in college and high school, fueling my body poorly (aka eating crap or unfortunate combinations of foods), being emotionally unstable, and totally not having any fun. Being out of college has given me a good chunk of time to focus on myself, to ask why do I feel so crummy and what can I do about it? After years I am finally starting to feel like a more stable, healthy, and happy person and a lot of that has been inspired by other bloggers. I am excited to make connections with other people who are on different parts of their journey. There is so much we can learn from eachother and share.

Additionally, being a naturally forgetful person, I am hoping this blog will be a great way to remember the days of my life (no pun intended)...so much awesome stuff happens day to day, and it's important to remember the good things. Also, it's important to remember which blog had that awesome vegan cheese sauce that I just can't seem to remember where or who it was and....BLOG ROLL. YEAH!

Benefits
I touched on this a little in inspiration, but it is also important to emphasize that this blog is based on win-win i.e. I will share what I know and my crazy often ill-begotten food experiments, and I will get to learn from your feedback so please feel free to comment, you are more than welcome!

Also, I'm pretty sure I have all but spent my boyfriend's patience with my "...awesome allergy reducing anti inflammatory snacks!" and "oh my gosh, quinoa is so good for you and let me tell you why..." and yet again "I can run without stopping 1 more minute than I did yesterday! I almost died going up the hill though..."


Nuff said.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing/thinking/pondering it's topics.

Until next time!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great start!
    I'm excited to see where you take this / where it takes you. ;)

    ReplyDelete